International Business Developer at HAL Allergy
HALIX is currently looking for an experienced International Business Developer in developing and supply of recombinant proteins and viral vaccine products, at the headquarters in Leiden, The Netherlands.
The International Business Developer will identify customers and establish close interactive partnerships with them. Understanding of and defining our customer needs is essential.
This position reports into the Managing Director of HALIX.
HAL Allergy is a modern company with high quality pharmaceutical GMP manufacturing and research facilities located in the Leiden Bio Science Park. With offices in seven European countries, we are one of the top European players in the field of allergy diagnostic and treatment. Since 1959 we have gained experience in developing, producing and selling allergy therapies for the treatment and prevention of allergic diseases. These immunotherapies are used primarily against common allergies such as hay fever, house dust mite allergy and allergic reactions towards wasp or bee stings. Beside the development and production of allergy vaccines, HAL Allergy started a new business in 2012. This new Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO), named HALIX, is engaged in the production of biotechnological products for preclinical and clinical studies. HAL Allergy Group is a mid sized company with headquarters in Leiden. We employ around 300 highly specialized people acorss various functions. The departments at our headquarters include development, production, quality assurance and control, clinical and registration. Our staff work closely together with leading research institutes. At our locations in Germany, Poland, Austria, Spain and Italy we mainly focus on service and sales activities
Independently research and gather information on specific public or private companies and manufacturing opportunities which meet the strategic, scientific and commercial needs of the business of HALIX.
- Identify trends in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry and develop these trends into business opportunities.
- Develop knowledge of protein and vaccine production and characterization, as well as HALIX’ portfolio, including gaps and strengths.
- Manage triage process: and work with the Business Development team participants to solicit input, understand new business opportunities, make preliminary recommendations and determine priorities, and relay conclusions to external parties.
- Coordinate in-house technical evaluation and review on in-licensing candidates.
- Help prepare technical components of recommendations and proposals for senior management.
- Work with senior leaders in the organization to help define strategy and development subsequent business development strategy to execute on key objectives.
- Scientific advanced degree (MD, PhD)
- Minimum 6 years proven and relevant experience in pharma/biotech business development.
- Strong biotechnological process and manufacturing knowledge, specifically in protein and vaccines.
- Up to date on new developments in the biotech industry.
- Adequate understanding of drug development and CMO process.
- Good understanding of contracting and legal requirements.
Personal and professional skills:
- Able to communicate on different levels in the organization: mid and senior level management, marketing and technical staff.
- A variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Strong networking, influencing, negotiation, problem-solving, time management and management skills.
- Flexible, detail-oriented and self-motivated along with the ability to be self-managed.
- Able to carry out several activities and projects in parallel.
- Hands-on mentality, pro-active and solutions oriented.
- Ability to work under time pressure, stress resistant.
- Willingness to travel regularly (at least 50%).
No unsolicited assistance from recruiters is accepted for this employment opportunity.