Management Assistant (4 days in total 24-28 hrs/week) at GenomeScan
GenomeScan provides innovative DNA analyses for patient diagnostics and genetic laboratory research. Our diagnostic tests may detect the genetic cause(s) behind disease, and can help tailor the treatment to individual patients.
We provide a complete portfolio of cutting-edge Next Generation Sequencing techniques to analyze hereditary traits in all organisms, including Exome sequencing, Inherited Disease Panel Sequencing, DNA Sequencing, Transcriptomics, Methylation - Epigenetics and Bio Informatics.
We are an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited company since 2011, this is an international standard for laboratory excellence.
The Management Assistant is responsible for all secretarial and administrative duties as assigned by the Board. The Management Assistant works Monday till Thursday.
The Management Assistant reports to the Finance Manager.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Board members agenda and assist in planning appointments, meetings, conferences etc.
- Provide the welcoming and guiding of visitors in an appropriate manner
- Receive and screen all incoming phone calls and redirect them when appropriate
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Attend meetings and keep minutes
- Make travel arrangements
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure; maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible
- Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned by the Board
- Back up for the Office Manager
- Any other activities in line with this description.
- Degree in business administration, secretarial or relative field
- Min 5 years proven experience as management assistant, secretary or similar role
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch
- Experience in life sciences is an advantage
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Integrity and trustworthy
- Pro active
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Hands-on mentality
Are you the Management Assistant we are looking for?
Please send your resume and motivation to Vivienne Heemskerk, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please call +31 (0)71 – 568 10 50.