Team Leader – Lab technician at Janssen Vaccines
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, previously Crucell, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In our organization entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen.
Team leader (senior associate scientist) Pharmaceutical Development Support team (m/f)
Analytical Development (AD) Laboratory, Pharmaceutical Development Support (PDS).
The suitable candidate will be working in a new position as a Team leader (senior associate scientist) in the PDS team within the Analytical Development (AD) department. The PDS team is involved in the support of the process development of Up Stream Processes (USP), Down Stream Processes (DSP) and Formulation Development (FD).
You will be part of the PDS-AD team. You will use your excellent people skills for managing and developing your
team consisting of 6-8 technicians as well as interacting directly with internal and/or external clients. You will be
responsible for the management and timely completion of multiple projects and being able to plan and prioritize
workloads will be essential. The position will also involve handling of biologically active substances. We are looking
for a motivated individual that fits in a multidisciplinary team, who enjoys organization, planning, lab work as well
as leading people on the lab.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in supervision of technical staff is required, preferable in a pharmaceutical/diagnostic environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a technician with a wide range of molecular biochemical techniques, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment, such as qPCR and ELISA.
- BSc/MSc. in Virology, Molecular and/or Cell biology, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or related fields.
- Ability to plan work within changing time-frames, work to deadlines and within a team environment.
- Experience with external and/or internal client interaction is preferable.
- Up Stream Development, Down Stream Development and/or Assay development experience is preferable.
- BSL-II level experience and experience in handling live viruses is preferable.
You are flexible, reliable, show initiative, have a can-do mentality, have strong people, organization and
communication skills and will be eager to extend your knowledge of all the Molecular, Biochemical as well as
Analytical assays in the lab as well as pass them on to the technicians. We are looking for a quality minded person
with good writing and communication skills in Dutch as well as English.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.