Scientist Virus Purification / DSP at Batavia Biosciences
Batavia Biosciences is a Biopharmaceutical Company dedicated to providing high quality biopharmaceuticals for proof-of-concept studies & clinical studies, as well as performing product development for all major classes of biotechnological products. The company focuses on the early stages of product development with technologies ranging from DNA cloning, mammalian cell line generation, upstream process development (mammalian and microbial cell platforms), purification development, assay development, and clinical manufacturing. Headquartered in Leiden, The Netherlands, Batavia Biosciences is privileged to have strong strategic partners in both the Netherlands and the United States of America.
We are looking for an experienced Scientist Virus Purification / DSP for our Headquarters in Leiden, The Netherlands.
As a Scientist Virus Purification or Down-Stream Processing, you will supervise multiple programs having project oversight and direct and/or indirect report management responsibilities. You will be leading a team of approximately 4 technicians. This team works on product development ranging from purification development and product characterization to clinical manufacturing. You will translate project goals in activities and deliverables, write study plans and reports, manage all DSP laboratory activities and provide project progress updates. Additionally, the Scientist DSP will be involved in hands-on operation of purification techniques and analyzing data. Additionally, you have a pivotal role in project teams regarding deliverables and interacting with other departments within Batavia Biosciences. Hereto, strong organizational skills are essential and flexibility is a must.
You will join a stimulating group of international researchers in a very collaborative environment. As part of this group, your personal as well as your scientific growth are encouraged and developed. This position reports to the Associate Director Downstream Process Development and indirect to the Project Manager.
Your letter of motivation and CV should show that you have:
- A Master or PhD degree in life science, biotechnology, biochemical engineering or related subject;
- At least three years’ experience in biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry;
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in bioprocess development, specifically chromatography and ultrafiltration/diafiltration;
- GMP experience and or technology transfer skills are preferred;
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken).
In the interviews it will be clear that:
- You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- You can work both in a team (preferably also multidisciplinary skills to assist with other departments like USP or assay’s) and individually.
- You communicate clearly at all levels;
- You can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful and clear way.
- You enjoy both hands-on and theoretical work.
- Your planning and organization skills allow you to have an overview of the necessary work and you are able to meet deadlines.
- You have a proven track record of managing and mentoring people.
You can send your application to Mrs. Ingrid van Aarle, HR Officer, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Application by agency or recruiters is not appreciated and will be rejected.