Senior scientist Downstream Development, Woburn, USA at Batavia Biosciences
Batavia Biosciences is a Biopharmaceutical Company dedicated to providing high quality biopharmaceuticals for proof-of-concept studies & clinical trials, as well as performing product development for all major classes of biotechnological products. The company focuses on the early stages of product development with services ranging from DNA cloning, mammalian cell line generation, upstream process development (mammalian and microbial cell platforms), purification development, assay development, and clinical manufacturing. Headquartered in Leiden, The Netherlands, Batavia Biosciences is privileged to have strong strategic partners in both the Netherlands and the United States of America.
We are looking for a Senior scientist downstream development for our R&D department in Woburn, MA. We are seeking for a highly motivated expert in development of viral and viral vector purification processes.
You will be involved in a team which works closely with Batavia Biosciences team in Leiden, the Netherlands to develop viral and viral vector based processes. For this pivotal role we are looking for a Senior scientist with at least 5-10 years of experience in Downstream Process Development.
You will join a team that performs project activities ranging from clarification, purification, polishing to UF/DF filtration processes. Most of the projects are related to viral and viral vector vaccine development and is funded by biopharmaceutical companies or ngo’s, such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The team collaborates closely with the down-stream processing and assay team in a number of large process development projects which are executed according to aggressive timelines.
The successful candidate will be involved in writing proposals, protocols and reports.
You will join a stimulating group of internationals in a very collaborative environment. As part of this group, personal as well as scientific growth are encouraged and developed. In this position, you will report to the Head of Operations of the Woburn Facility.
The Cover letter and CV should indicate you have:
- Ph.D. degree in life science, biotechnology or related field with five to ten years of relevant experience;
- Proficient in working with viruses at the BSL-2 laboratories;
- Experience in transferring processes from development to manufacturing groups;
- Experience in designing and performing DOE experiments for the optimization of the production of protein/biologics/viral vectors products;
- Previous experience in working with viral products and/or in the production or development of commercially available therapeutic proteins is a plus;
- Research, process development or production experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment. Previous GMP experience is a plus.
· Enthusiastic and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment;
· Hands-on mentality and willingness to work in the laboratory;
· Ability to independently design and execute research and client projects;
· Ability to lead and manage scientists in his/her area of responsibility;
· Ability to provide expert input for preparation of client technical proposals;
· Ability to identify, train, and retain talented individuals in his/her area of responsibility;
· Capable of working independently as well as, collaborate with the team;
· Excellent communication and documentation skills;
· Capable of complex troubleshooting/problem solving;
· Capable of keeping meticulous track of experimental data and results in lab notebooks, understand the necessary prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.