Senior Scientist Biomarkers at Janssen Vaccines
The World Without Disease Accelerator (WWDA), part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies, is a unique enterprise R&D group aligned with global commercial expertise and focused on the discovery, development and delivery of disruptive products/technologies, business models and partnerships to advance the elimination of disease(s).
The WWDA brings together distinct enabling capabilities in areas including the microbiome, immunosciences, predictive analytics and behavioral science to seed transformative growth opportunities and catalyze a paradigm shift in prevention, interception and cure strategies and solutions.
For our department, we are currently recruiting for a fulltime Senior Scientist
The Senior Scientist conducts research directed toward discovery and/or development of biomarkers, assays and technologies on a large research and development project such as Lung Cancer or a number of small projects with many complex features under minimal supervision using established and novel technology.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Main responsibility is to explore and enable biomarker discovery and assay development for human cohort studies and mouse models
- Scout for scientific and technology opportunities in the field of immuno-assays, miRNA/RNAI, microbiome, and virology that support biomarker discovery and development
- Define study plans for in house exploration and outsourcing activities, including milestones, budget and resources, aligned with the WWDA objectives and strategy, ensuring input and support by WWDA functions such as statistics, planning, and scientific review committee
- Supervise internal lab explorations, creating critical knowledge on assays and technologies, supporting outsourcing decisions and CRO management
- Select, qualify and supervise CRO’s for outsourced activities
- Report results to senior management, draw conclusions driving further strategic decisions
- PhD in biomedical science with at least 3 years of experience in biomedical research
- Demonstrable expertise in prevention therapeutics and biomarkers in various disease areas such as immunology& inflammation, infectious diseases and cancer for human and mouse models
- Experience in a wide range of different assays and technologies, such as immuno-assays, miRNA/RNAI, microbiome, virological assays
- A proven track record of research in relation to assay development and delivery against strategic goals is crucial.
- Demonstrated track record in managing projects, people, and CRO’s
What’s in it for you…?“
Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee, we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Will you be our new colleague?
Please visit careers.jnj.com look for 1805624879W and apply online.