Experienced Clinical Scientist at Centre for Human Drug Research
The Centre for Human Drug Research (CHDR) is a top class contract research organization located in Leiden, the Netherlands. CHDR focuses on early phase clinical research, trying to bring its customers’ drugs to proof of pharmacology and proof of concept as quickly and efficiently as possible. CHDR originates from the Leiden University Medical Center, and is established as an independent organization. It is unique in combining industry standard processes and quality with top level science and methodology. CHDR combines an enthusiastic open atmosphere with a high level of professionalism. This is the unique CHDR feeling which most people experience when they visit us. You will find a very special collection of talents in our multifaceted organization. Centre for Human Drug Research is an excellent employer with advantageous working conditions. We are an organization that enables its employees to develop themselves. You’ll find the work challenging and diverse. The wide spectrum of projects ensures you will be challenged and motivated to take on new goals, more responsibilities and broader interests. Just as important, you’ll be associated with an organization that is changing the way drugs are developed, profiled and marketed. Our staff is comprised of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures who bring different life and work experiences. Yet they all share a common mission: to maximize the benefits of medicines to improve the lives of patients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Experienced Clinical Scientist:
- Coordinates and executes clinical research projects and keeps project team and research director informed on progress
- Monitors cost development and payment milestones for projects
- Informs financial director throughout the projects
- Develops clinical study protocols including literature search and database definition in collaboration with the study team
- Performs timely planning of the study execution with the nursing manager
- Writes clinical study report in collaboration with the study team
- Writes publications for scientific journals, congress and symposia presentations
- Acts as contact person for study sponsor and other external parties
- Performs Quality Control on relevant processes
- Supervises and trains students in various therapeutic areas
- Supervises project leaders in scientific and operational activities in communication with research director
- Instructs, trains and supervises new employees in project leader activities according to SOPs
- Provides significant contribution to academic and post-academic education in various therapeutic areas
- Provides a substantial contribution to project acquisition
The Experienced Clinical Scientist will report to one or more Research Directors.
- Master’s degree or equivalent (Medicine or Life Sciences)
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in clinical pharmacology
- Fluent in English and preferably in Dutch
- Up-to-date knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and other applicable regulatory requirements
- High analytical skills
- Able to work independently
- Team player
If you are interested in this position, please send an application with a motivation letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to M. ten Kate, HR Manager, CHDR Zernikedreef 8, 2333 CL Leiden. If you want some more information, please don’t hesitate to call dr G.J. Groeneveld, 071-5246407.
Applications will be accepted until April 1, 2018.
Centre for Human Drug Research, Zernikedreef 8, 2333 CL Leiden, the Netherlands; www.chdr.nl ; tel:+31.71.5246400