Experienced Clinical Scientist in Dermatology/Immunology at Centre for Human Drug Research
Experienced Clinical Scientist in Dermatology/Immunology
The Centre for Human Drug Research (CHDR), originating from Leiden University Medical Center, is a not-for-profit contract research organization. CHDR focuses on early phase clinical research, and is unique in combining industry standard processes and quality with top level science and methodology. CHDR is an excellent employer with advantageous working conditions. The nature of the work is dynamic, challenging and diverse. CHDR changes the way drugs are developed, profiled and marketed.
CHDR is recruiting a scientist with a PhD in life sciences to design and coordinate clinical projects. The basis of the research will be clinical pharmacology, with a focus on dermatology/immunology and gynecology. The work will comprise the development of experimental models allowing evaluation of drug effects in man, and the application of these models in commercial projects for pharma companies. Preferably, the candidate has experience in clinical pharmacology, dermatology, immunology, gynecology and/or cell biological/molecular research.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Designs and coordinates clinical pharmacology studies, and develops methodology required for these studies;
- Instructs, trains and supervises clinical scientists operationally and scientifically;
- Closely collaborates with CHDR’s operational departments, sponsors, and other third parties;
- Writes study protocols and reports, and publications for scientific journals;
- Provides a significant contribution to project acquisition and academic education;
- Reports to one or more Research Directors.
- High analytical skills;
- Able to work independently;
- Management skills;
- Team player;
- PhD in Life Sciences;
- Preferred MD, alternatively PharmD or MSc
- Interested in the combination of project management and science;
- Experienced in training and supervising other professionals;
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Fluent in English and preferably in Dutch.
The position is embedded in CHDR’s senior scientist program which features a defined career path for high potentials at the interface of industry and academia. The position is initially for a period of 1 year with the possibility of extension upon positive evaluation.
If you are interested in this position, please send an application with a motivation letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to M. ten Kate, HR manager, CHDR Zernikedreef 8, 2333 CL. If you want some more information, please contact Dr Robert Rissmann (RRissmann@chdr.nl) or Dr Matthijs Moerland (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted until May 25th, 2018.
Centre for Human Drug Research, Zernikedreef 8, 2333 CL Leiden, the Netherlands; www.chdr.nl ; tel:+31.71.5246400