MIMETAS is looking for an enthusiastic colleague to lead innovation in our manufacturing team in the Enschede area, the Netherlands. In this position, you will be responsible for the optimization and development of our microfluidics manufacturing processes. You will work in a multidisciplinary team of cleanroom operators and engineers that run a unique cleanroom manufacturing process in Twente.
February 8, 2023
Manufacturing Process Engineer
MIMETAS is a global leader in the fast-growing ‘organ-on-a-chip’-field. We aim to improve the medicine development process by utilizing better predictive cell culture models. Our clients are pharmaceutical companies and academic institutes who strive to discover new and better treatments for patients. We serve them with our OrganoPlate products and associated instruments and services. Our team consists of a hundred colleagues, including scientists, engineers, back office and commercial people. We foster an open, international culture where fun and passion for what we do are important elements. MIMETAS is headquartered in Leiden, the Netherlands, and has offices in Enschede (NL), Tokyo (Japan), Gaithersburg (MD, US).MIMETAS
Your tasks will include
- Production Improvement Management, using Mimetas quality system and Lean Manufacturing
- Scouting opportunities and leading improvement cycles
- Product development and new product implementation
- Production planning in production site in Twente
- Optimization and maintenance planning for production equipment and facilities
- Supply chain management and optimization
- Acting as the link between quality control in Leiden and the production site in Twente
- Acting as the link between R&D in Leiden and the production site in Twente
- Troubleshooting in collaboration with product engineers and scientists;
- Preparing and reviewing standard protocols;
- Analysis and reporting of results;
- Carry out capacity analysis and other specific production analyses, and formulating recommendations for improvement of the performance of the production.
- You have a BSc, or MSc degree in Engineering, Biology, Business administration or related discipline, with 1 to 5 years of experience working with Microfluidics, Cleanroom technology or Organ-on-a-Chip;
- Knowledge of Microfluidics is preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma is preferred
- You are well versed in statistical methods, and proficient in Excel and/or PowerBI
- You speak and write proficiently in English;
- You are analytical, detail-oriented, well-organized, and a good communicator;
- You have a motivated, flexible and positive work attitude.
- A challenging, 80-100% position in an international, fast-growing high-tech environment;
- Possibility to start directly;
- A competitive salary with benefits, such as a pension plan and annual company bonus;
- Direct report to the Director of Manufacturing and the Chief Technology Officer;
- Excellent facilities and freedom to work independently;
- A fun team with colleagues from all over the world who love what they do.
Interested in this position? Please apply with your cover letter and resume in English via our website https://mimetas.easycruit.com. We will only take applications via this site into consideration.
We do not appreciate recruiter solicitation in response to this vacancy.