HSE Manager at HAL Allergy
Optimizing the working conditions by ensuring the organisational activities comply with legislation.
To develop, maintain and check the environmental management system which will lead HAL Allergy BV and HALIX both complying to legislation.
HAL Allergy is a modern company with high quality pharmaceutical GMP manufacturing and research facilities located in the Leiden Bio Science Park. With offices in seven European countries, we are one of the top European players in the field of allergy diagnostic and treatment. Since 1959 we have gained experience in developing, producing and selling allergy therapies for the treatment and prevention of allergic diseases.
These immunotherapies are used primarily against common allergies such as hay fever, house dust mite allergy and allergic reactions towards wasp or bee stings. Beside the development and production of allergy vaccines, HAL Allergy started a new business in 2012. This new Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO), named HALIX, is engaged in the production of biotechnological products for preclinical and clinical studies.
HAL Allergy Group is a mid sized company with headquarters in Leiden. We employ around 300 highly specialized people acorss various functions. The departments at our headquarters include development, production, quality assurance and control, clinical and registration. Our staff work closely together with leading research institutes. At our locations in Germany, Poland, Austria, Spain and Italy we mainly focus on service and sales activities.
(Continuous) development of and to optimise the environmental management system and supporting the board of directors in executing thereof.
- Ensuring the organizational activities comply with local health and safety regulations and the best practices in the industry.
- Carrying out risk assessments and identifying hazards.
- Carrying out safety inspections and internal audits and reporting to the management for corrective actions.
- Ensuring preventive measures, hazard control and personal protective equipment are implemented and used.
- Assisting in establishment of health and safety policies.
- Developing systems, policies, procedures, manuals and arrange for exercises and training.
- Recordkeeping of all safety related events, and the investigation thereof.
- Investigating and report accidents and near misses
- Compiles accident related data obtained from departments and divisions; prepares annual and periodic reports summarizing the safety status of the department.
- At least BSC level of thinking and working;
- Acknowledgement as environmental coordinator and prevention officer.
Recent and active working knowledge of the following:
- National safety standards;
- Environmental safety standards;
- Occupational and emergency safety procedures;
- Other safety related issues;
- Knowledge of international occupational safety regulations.
Personal and professional skills:
- Consious of hazards;
- Excellent communicator;
- Taking initative;
- No 9-5 mentality;
- Stress resistant;
- Proficient user of Office
- Excellent command of both English and Dutch, in speaking, reading and writing.
No unsolicited assistance from search firms is accepted for this employment opportunity