Programmer/Informatician at OcellO
OcellO is looking for a scientific programmer with affinity for (image) data analysis to join the team — a colleague who will thrive in a dynamic environment and will make an important contribution to OcellO’s continued growth and success. If you are highly motivated, get on well with people, are scientifically talented and organisationally competent and are looking for a stimulating job, then this might be your chance!
OcellO B.V. is a fast-growing innovative CRO offering unique 3D cell culture-based services that accelerate pre-clinical drug discovery and development. OcellO’s best-in-class technology meets a growing need to reduce drug development costs. Founded in 2011, OcellO employs 16 people, shows strong year-on-year growth and now provides services for many of the leading global pharmaceutical companies. The company has an active R&D program to maintain its leading position as a provider of advanced tissue-based assays.
Who we are looking for
We seek a motivated and talented computer scientist with an affinity for image-based data analysis to join our team at our site on the Leiden BioScience Park, in The Netherlands.
You will be participating in the management, development and implementation of OMiner™ high-content screening software platform, reporting directly to OcellO’s Chief Informatics Officer.
The job responsibility will include (not limited to):
- Designing and implementing software modules based on functional requirements;
- End user communication and user requirement analysis;
- Maintaining OMiner associated software and hardware infrastructure;
- Maintaining daily ICT production infrastructure;
- Performing analysis of image data;
- Performing quality control of image and data analyses.
- Master or higher degree in computer science, bioinformatics, machine learning, artificial intelligence or equivalent in education;
- Excellent UML and code documentation skills;
- Experience in R-language;
- Experience Java EE and object oriented programming;
- Experience in high-content image analysis is a (+);
- Experience in KNIME and KNIME SDK is a (+);
- Good communication skills - both in written and spoken English;
- Enthusiastic, motivated team player keen to work in a company setting.
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to email your motivation and CV to us.
For questions about this position, contact OcellO’s Chief Informatics Officer, Kuan Yan