In Vivo-In Vitro Scientist, in Beerse Belgium at Charles River Nederland
We are looking for a In Vivo / In Vitro Scientist for our site in Beerse, Belgium.
You will work independently under strategic guidance with understanding and application of scientific and technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Works in accordance with the Charles River Values in a number of projects within different infectious diseases research programs. All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, international research environment that provides an excellent career opportunity for a motivated scientist.
The following are minimum requirements related to the In Vivo / In Vitro Scientist position:
- You have a Master degree in Life Sciences (Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Immunology) or related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience in in vivo pharmacology.
- You are experienced with Infectious Disease relevant animal models.
- You are contingent upon accreditation by the Federation of laboratory Animal Science Association or similar foreign certification or completion of the necessary coursework/ training/ examination to meet Belgian National Authorities standard for animal research within 6 months of hire.
- You have a proven track record of adherence to animal welfare and compliance regulations.
- You are experienced in a wide range of immunological technologies, are up to speed with the state-of-the-art technologies in cellular biology and immunology like multi-colour flow cytometry, cell sorting and Luminex.
- You are experienced in early target and drug discovery in an industrial environment.
- You have the drive and capability to translate experimental data into biologically meaningful information, based on excellent data analysis skills combined with a broad biology background and a critical but flexible and open mindset.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally.
- You like to work in a team, you are fluent in English and have excellent communication and reporting skills.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 13,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 80% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2017.
For more information, please visit our website.