Senior Scientist / Team leader Immunology in Beerse, Belgium at Charles River Nederland
We are looking for a Senior Scientist / Team Leader Immunology for our site in Beerse, Belgium
As a recognized internal expert, the Senior Scientist / Team Leader Immunology will proactively contribute scientific (technical, therapeutic and drug discovery) knowledge to multiple programs to ensure that program objectives are met. You will be part of the scientific leadership of projects within different infectious diseases research programs. All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, international research environment that provides an excellent career opportunity for a motivated scientist. In addition, the person in this role will also be expected to act as a role model for scientific excellence and mentor other scientific staff.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior Scientist / Team Leader Immunology position:
- You have a Master or PhD degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or related field, with subsequently extensive (>5-10 years) experience in the field of cellular biology and immunology, especially in (complex) in vitro primary (human) cell-based models. You have worked on different cell types involved in the immune system and focused on therapies.
- Experience and background in HBV and/or HIV virology/immunology is beneficial.
- You are experienced in a wide range of immunological technologies, are up to speed with the state-of-the-art technologies in cellular biology and immunology like multi-colour flow cytometry, cell sorting and Luminex.
- Experience in early target and drug discovery in an industrial environment is highly valued.
- You have the drive and capability to translate cell culture data into biologically meaningful information, based on excellent data analysis skills combined with a broad biology background and a critical but flexible and open mindset.
- You understand drug discovery, can translate research questions into practical and cost-effective research programs for our clients, and direct those programs.
- You provide scientific, technical and strategic leadership to a client project team.
- You interface directly with clients and internal customers to understand the needs and deliverables, and define appropriate strategies that will achieve the scientific goals.
- You act as a role model to junior colleagues by demonstrating effective communication, project management and representation of Charles River Labs.
- Provide managerial leadership with responsibility for performance management, goal setting, providing feedback, motivation and development of staff.
- Contribute to the management and performance of the department through participation at relevant meetings and by demonstrating strategic influence on others’ programs.
- You like to work in a team, you are fluent in English and have excellent communication and reporting skills.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 13,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 80% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2017.
For more information, please visit our website