Pharmaceutics Technician at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, MA, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases.
Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to the challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
The CMC Department has a central role within the ProQR Development organization. The CMC Department develops, manufactures and characterizes oligonucleotides and small molecules for (pre)clinical development and commercialization. The CMC Department is looking for a Pharmaceutics Technician who will contribute to the development of new drug products. The Pharmaceutics Technician will set up in-house experiments to investigate, among others, physical chemical properties, stability, compatibility and manufacturability/scalability of the drug products.
We are looking for candidates with hands-on experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Formulation development work;
- Oligonucleotides and/or peptides.
We expect our Pharmaceutics Technician:
- to develop, investigate and characterize new formulations;
- to run in-house stability and compatibility studies;
- to write plans, execute experiments in the lab, work out raw data, and report the obtained results;
- to keep the existing methods and protocols up-to-date;
- to be responsible for arranging sample preparation and analysis;
- to take care of laboratory organization and related administrative tasks;
- to expand the in-house capabilities.
Competencies that are required for making the difference
- MSc or BSc Degree in (bio)-pharmacy, process technology or any other relevant degree
- Analytical and accurate
- Creative thinker
- Flexible and resistant to change
- Hands-on mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Autonomous and coachable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Fulltime availability
- A nice person : )
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment, great colleagues, a competitive salary and a lot of fun.
Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals? Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? Do you want to work in a challenging environment where your work can really make a difference? If so, we’re looking forward to receive your application by filling out our application form.