Business Associate at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, MA, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Business Team is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated Business Associate who can strengthen our team.
As a Business Associate you will have cross-functional impact and you are expected to contribute to activities related to the scouting, evaluation and selection of new assets and technologies. You will support the team with identifying and exploring new collaborations and support non-dilutive funding efforts.
Additionally, you will collect disease and business-related information (e.g. disease background, disease management, competitive analysis) to provide detailed business and competitive intelligence to support strategic decisions. Furthermore, you will support patient prevalence assessments as part of our broader internal business case development and support commercial efforts with patient identification project.
With that, our aim is to diversify and add value to ProQR’s pipeline and projects.
We expect our Business Associate to have:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a business position within the life-sciences sector
- An interdisciplinary study background with a MSc degree in life sciences or biology; epidemiology background is preferred
- Experience with working with focus in a multidisciplinary environment (BD, BI, Commercial, Science & IP)
- Experience with scientific literature analysis and handling heavy databases
- Proven affinity with business and competitive analysis (e.g. science-based business track)
- Have experience in or affinity with the field of genetic diseases
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
Competencies that are required for making the difference
- Analytical and accurate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hands on mentality, eager to learn on the job
- Autonomous but also coachable
- To work with focus in a multidisciplinary environment
- To be creative and think out of the box
- To be solution-oriented and result-driven
- Excellent knowledge of English both in word and writing
- Patient-oriented attitude
- A nice person : )
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- An annual performance bonus;
- Stock options;
- Unlimited vacation days;
- A premium-free pension plan;
- A commuting allowance;
- A subsidized staff restaurant;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks.
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals? Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? Do you want to work in a challenging environment where your work can really make a difference? If so, we’re looking forward to receive your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible, but before the 13th of December 2018.
Please note that an assessment and employee screening is part of our selection process.