Business Analyst (Internship) at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, MA, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Business Team is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated intern who can strengthen our team for at least six months.
Your project will focus on contributing to activities related to the scouting, evaluation and selection of new disease targets that are in line with the company’s strategy. You will collect disease and business-related information (e.g. disease background, disease management, competitive analysis) to provide detailed business and competitive intelligence to support strategic decisions. Furthermore, you will support patient prevalence assessments as part of our broader internal business case development.
We expect you to have:
- A study background with a BSc degree in life sciences or biology; epidemiology background is preferred, preferably towards completion of studies in a relevant MSc program
- Experience with scientific literature analysis and handling heavy databases
- Proven affinity with business and competitive analysis (e.g. science-based business track)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
Competencies that are required for making the difference
- Analytical and accurate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hands on mentality, eager to learn on the job
- Some levels of working autonomously but also coachable
- Working with focus in a dedicated team
- Creative and thinking out of the box
- Solution-oriented and result-driven
- Excellent knowledge of English both in speaking and writing
- Patient-oriented attitude
- A nice person : )
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment within a very committed organization, great colleagues and a lot of fun.
Do you want to join our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals and experience working at a biotech company? Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? Do you want to work in a challenging environment where your work can really make a difference? If so, we’re looking forward to receive your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible, but before the 13th of December 2018.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.