Scientist Molecular Biology at Pharming Group NV
Scientist Molecular Biology
Contract: 32-40 hours, fixed term
Base location: Leiden, The Netherlands
For our R&D department in Leiden we are currently looking for a Scientist Molecular Biology to join our Analytical Development team.
Pharming Group N.V. develops innovative protein therapeutics for the treatment of genetic disorders.
At this moment, the company is composed for further science, technology and new product development and commercial roll-out. The company is small (approx. 175 employees, based international) and entrepreneurial. The Scientist Molecular Biology must fit in this organizational culture where integrity, entrepreneurship and flexibility are core competencies.
As a Scientist you are responsible for construct development, genetic characterization and quality control programs in place for Pharming’s transgenic animals. In this capacity, you will design and execute your tasks, discuss your findings in meetings, write technical reports and project proposals. Furthermore, you will stay up to date with the state of the art technology and science.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Development and qualification of (molecular biology) assays (e.g. Southern blot, (q)PCR), including reporting.
- Genetic characterization of new transgenic lines
- Prepare and execute experiments and documentation to produce reliable and accurate data
- A PhD in Molecular Biology or comparable discipline;
- Extensive hands-on experience in state of the art molecular biology techniques;
- At least 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical industrial environment is a requirement;
- Affinity with quality systems (e.g. GLP, GMP);
- Experience in outsourcing of contract research;
- Experience with regulatory authorities is an advantage;
- Good communication skills, in both the English and Dutch language;
- Is eager to learn, accurate, and works well in a team.
Organizational and team culture
Our team acts as a team with R.E.S.P.E.C.T. :
- be Responsible in all my actions;
- show Empathy without feeling sorry for you;
- Step-up to the plate and deliver;
- be Pro-active with addressing issues;
- Empower everyone I work with;
- give my Commitment and "walk-the-talk";
- give and expect Transparency in all my dealings.
Our Scientist must feel comfortable with this way of working and should complement the team in implementing this into the organization.
For more information concerning this position please send an e-mail to HR-EU@pharming.com.
For all recruitment agencies: don’t call us, we call you!