Director Finance & Administration at HAL Allergy
The Director Finance & Administration is a hands-on participative manager leading an international team in the areas Finance, Accounting & Controlling, IT and Procurement.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overseeing and leading the Finance, Accounting & Controlling team with international Controllers, the Procurement team at headquarters and both IT teams in Germany and The Netherlands.
- Accurate and timely management reporting and ensuring adequate controlling activities.
- Identifying trends and advise senior management in decision making by providing business cases, models and data analyses.
- Leading annual close cycles and auditing processes ensuring that adequate audit trails and controls are maintained.
- Managing organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Maintaining the balance sheets.
- Responsible for capital accounting.
- Preparing budgets, in cooperation with budget holders, including providing input and business analyses to support operating planning and forecasting and being responsible for Procurement.
- Managing information governance and security, information systems and technical platforms.
- Driving dedicated projects to improve business processes.
- Master’s degree in Finance or recognized professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACMA, MBA).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an operative Finance function (e.g. accounting or auditing company).
- Solid understanding of Dutch GAAP and IFRS regulations and policies.
- Solid knowledge of local accounting practices in Germany and The Netherlands; relevant additional countries are a plus.
- Knowledge of IT platforms, software applications and IT infrastructure, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
Personal & Professional Skills
- Strong financial management skills.
- Proven leadership experience, leading a department and/or teams in an international environment.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch, both verbal and written. German advantageous.
- Pro-active and solutions oriented.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality.