Senior Technician at Charles River Nederland
We are seeking an experienced Senior Technician for our Early Discovery site located in Leiden, the Netherlands.
The purpose of this laboratory-based role is to support the development of cell-based assays and readouts to identify novel candidate drugs and/or therapeutic targets. In particular, you will be part of a team that is developing and applying models for screening in complex cell-based assays. You will use a variety of technologies (e.g. (stem) cell culture, molecular biology, high content imaging, qPCR, MSD, automated liquid handling/robotics). All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, international research environment that provides an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual.
- Provide specialized technical laboratory support in activities such as assay development and compound profiling.
- Generate and interrogate biological data generated for the project together with other scientific members of the project team.
- Complete lab book to departmental and patent-acceptable quality standards.
- Involved in introduction and protocol development for new technologies relevant for the business.
- Use appropriate technical literature to develop required protocols.
- Involved in training and coaching of interns and entry-level technical staff.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior Technician position:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. with 2-10 years working experience in a relevant environment
- Lab experience in cell based assay development, incl. molecular biology and compound profiling is required
- Experience with complex in vitro biology
- Experience in a CRO or Pharma environment preferred
- Experience in working with robotics (e.g. automated liquid handlers) and HTS is preferred
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 13,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 80% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2017.
For more information, please visit our website.