Director Corporate Communications (Maternity cover) at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Communications department is currently looking for a temporary replacement (Part-time, 32 hours a week) of our Director Corporate Communications, who will be on maternity leave from April 1st, 2019 until mid-August.
The communications team further includes a VP Investor Relations & Corporate Communications and two Graphic Designers.
You will assist the VP Investor Relations & Corporate Communications (based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, US) in all communications related tasks and collaborate with our external IR & PR firm. Tasks include the drafting of press releases, website updates, social media posts and logistics around events and conferences, media outreach and review process of external disclosures.
Location: Leiden, NL.
We expect our Director Corporate Communications to have:
- at least HBO/College education level or Bachelor degree preferably in the area of life sciences or communications
- at least 3 years of working experience in communications or PR preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
- proven affinity with science or drug development
- excellent writing skills in English and Dutch
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Creative thinker
- Hands-on mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Being able to work in a fast pace dynamic environment
- Prioritize between multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- A nice person :-)
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A staff restaurant with affordable lunch
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before 21 February 2019 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.