Legal Council at Pharming Group
Pharming Group N.V. develops innovative protein therapeutics for the treatment of medical disorders. As the Company develops further, its legal complexity will be increasing. Accordingly the Company will require strengthening of its legal functions. We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the entire legal activity of our business.
Pharming Goup N.V. is growing quickly, with approximately 175 employees spread across Europe and the United States. The company is poised for further scientific, technological and new product development and additional commercial roll-outs. The Legal Counsel needs to fit our organizational culture where integrity, self-starting and flexibility are core competences.
Overall purpose of the job:
The Legal Counsel will safeguard Pharming Group N.V.’s reputation and business, providing advice to the Board of Management about all relevant issues and minimizing the probability of adverse exposure through commercial contracting. The role is extremely varied and touches many departments of the Company. In consultation with the Board of Management, the role is expected to involve considerable autonomy.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and timely legal counsel to the Board of Management, Executive committee members and all Departments on commercial and corporate legal topics;
- Support (or arrange support for) all departments in drafting, negotiation, and execution of commercial contracts;
- Legal advice on promotional marketing materials;
- Responsibility for insurance portfolio and contacts with insurers and intermediaries;
- Where appropriate, assist Corporate Compliance Department with risk management matters;
- Maintain knowledge of current and future developments within applicable legislation;
- Underwrite a high-quality legal service to the organization.
- Set up and develop a full-service legal department and support and manage the international team
Qualifications and skills:
- Completed Dutch Master’s degree (or equivalent);
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a - preferably biotechnical or pharmaceutical - international operating company, or with such companies as clients within the legal profession, with at least 5-10 years' experience in either case.;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Dutch commercial law and procedures;
- Knowledge of and experience with intellectual property rights and Pharma compliance is a distinct advantage;
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing is an advantage;
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and execution of English-language commercial contracts;
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Proactive, with strong decision-making skills
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Strong communication skills, cultural awareness and organizational sensitivity