Legal Officer at Pharming Group
Pharming Group N.V. develops innovative protein therapeutics for the treatment of medical disorders. We are looking for a talented Legal Officer to support and contribute to the legal activity of the business.
Pharming Group N.V. is growing quickly, with approximately 175 employees spread across Europe and the United States. The Company is poised for further scientific, technological and new product developments and additional commercial roll-outs. The Legal Officer needs to fit our organizational culture where integrity, self-starting and flexibility are core competencies.
Overall purpose of the job:
As Legal Officer you are responsible for the legal support of a number of internal and external stakeholders. You will be part of a dedicated international legal team and have a delegated responsibility to maintain case notes and paperwork in good order.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and timely legal support to the Board of Management, Executive Committee members and Departments on commercial and corporate legal topics;
- Responsibility for all administrative commercial contracting including full responsibility for Pharming’s document management system;
- Assistance with the smooth operation of all internal Legal processes of the Company.
- Continuous research of legal developments, variations and amendments to applicable legislation;
- Preparation of various legal reports on cases handled
- Provide support to the Legal Counsel on legal matters and in any legal proceedings;
- Draft and/or review statutory letters, contracts and agreements and monitor contractual obligations as required
Qualifications and skills:
- Completed appropriate Dutch Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
- Proven experience of at least 3 years’ in a comparable position;
- Experience in drafting, negotiation and execution of commercial contracts is an advantage;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing is an advantage;
- Responsible, reliable and with strong ability to work within a team;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong communication skills, cultural awareness and organizational sensitivity