Group Financial Controller at Pharming Group
Introduction: Pharming Group N.V. develops innovative protein therapeutics for the treatment of genetic disorders. The company is poised for further scientific, technological and new product development and additional commercial roll-outs. The company is small (approx. 180 employees, based internationally) and growing quickly. As a result of this growth, we are looking for a:
Group Financial Controller
Overall purpose of the job: Pharming Group N.V. a specialty pharmaceutical; company listed on Euronext Amsterdam with a market capitalization of €500 million, is seeking a new Group Financial Controller to help take the company forward as it grows quickly. Pharming is engaged in the research, development, manufacture and sale of specialist biologic therapies for rare diseases and unmet medical needs. Pharming has one product on the market, which is also in development for several large indications, and two other products entering clinical development in the next 18 months. The company has finance teams in Leiden in the Netherlands and in Bridgewater, New Jersey, in the United States of America. The total team involved is 8.
The Group Financial Controller will lead the finance team on a day to day basis, including recording and reporting requirements. This position is only for a qualified accountant with at least 10 years accounting experience, including public company experience, preferably in the Netherlands or at least under IFRS. This role is the main leader of the accounting function (as opposed to the wider finance function, which includes strategic planning, fundraising, corporate finance, M&A and management of funds). Supervising an assistant Chief Accountant (NL) and Finance Director (US), the Group Financial Controller will be overseeing the monthly closing process and prepare all financial accounting reports including the financial statements, both under US GAAP and IFRS. You will manage, oversee and review all finance functions including treasury, taxation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, the general ledger and payroll accounting.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial statements of the Company and the accounting function
- Manage, oversee and review all financial accounting processes.
- Oversee the general ledger including all non-standard accounting.
- Responsible for the corporate and indirect tax filings.
- Oversee all statutory, regulatory and governmental reporting requirements in all jurisdictions
- Oversee coordination of all jurisdiction cash management including financial transactions Implement and ensure compliance with the accounting policies and procedures from the Chief Financial Officer/Board of Management in the Netherlands and the USA.
- Supervise the jurisdiction heads and be the jurisdiction head for the Netherlands/Head Office Oversee IT solutions for our accounting system.
- Accounting qualification, as a Revisor, CA or CPA or similar professional qualification
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures in IFRS, with working knowledge of principles of US GAAP
- Good knowledge of Netherlands tax regulations
- Good understanding of governmental/public company reporting requirements
- At least 10+ years of relevant working experience as a Financial Manager or above
- Proven experience in the pharmaceutical industry Preferably experience working for a foreign company (preferably Europe or IFRS based)
- Proficient in the use of financial accounting systems Detailed knowledge of IFRS accounting principles will be a requirement
- Some knowledge of corporate finance, business development or M&A would be beneficial, as these would be needed to progress
- Extensive knowledge of financial accounting with supervisory position experience
- An analytical mind
- Good communication skills and interpersonal abilities Good leadership skills
- Able to improve the finance function itself (including process control environment) and to implement new things
- Not afraid of a fast-changing environment
- Highly organized, able to meet deadlines, but also able to adapt to the unexpected
- Accurate, pro-active and detail-oriented