Senior Scientist Process Chemistry at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) Department is currently looking for a Senior Scientist Process Chemistry (full-time) to join our team. The CMC department has a central role within the ProQR Therapeutics organization. The CMC Department develops, manufactures and characterizes oligonucleotides and therapeutic formulations for research, clinical development and commercialization.
Location: Leiden, The Netherlands.
Currently, we are looking for a Process Chemist (Sr. Scientist) to support our oligonucleotide drug substance manufacturing and process chemistry activities. The Sr. Scientist will work closely together with CMOs/CROs for the manufacturing of drug substance for use in clinical studies and will assist in small scale oligonucleotide synthesis and process development. In this position you will supervise multiple projects and activities related to drug substance manufacturing to support (pre-)clinical studies, write technical reports and participate in writing regulatory documents. The Sr. Scientist has a creative mindset with a solid basis in multi-step organic synthesis processes and is willing to specialize him-/herself into the field of oligonucleotide chemistry. Preferably the Sr. Scientist has experience in oligonucleotide synthesis and GMP manufacturing of Drug Substances.
We expect our Sr. Scientist to have:
- an advanced degree (PhD/MSc/Engineer; or appropriate Master’s level) in (organic) chemistry
- at least 5 years of working experience, preferably in a CMC environment, within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
- experience in managing projects at Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs)
- good communication skills to work with external partners/CROs/CMOs
- theoretical knowledge and/or hands-on experience in:
- multi-step organic synthesis and purification processes (experience in Solid-Phase Synthesis is a pre)
- analytical methods (LCMS, HPLC, NMR)
- Pharm. Eur., USP and ICH quality guidelines applicable to Drug Substance manufacturing.
- cGMP and relevant regulatory guidelines (experience and/or knowledge in Drug Substance process validation is a pre).
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Analytical and accurate
- Flexible and resistant to change
- Hands-on mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Autonomous and coachable
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (and Dutch)
- A nice person :-)
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization.
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before 10 April 2019 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.