(Senior) Researcher/ Technician: Biomarkers, Assay development and Biobank Administration at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
We are currently looking for a (Senior) Researcher/ Technian Biomarkers, Assay development and Biobank Administration to join our team.
Location: Leiden, NL
In this position you will play a vital role in the assay development, sample processing, biobanking, and execution of biomarker studies. Under the guidance of the Biomarker/Assay Development Lead, you will be responsible for translating the biomarker strategy for a given program into concrete actions. This includes developing protocols, performing assay development and research execution. Furthermore, you will contribute to data analysis, interpretation and data reporting data, eg in study reports. Your responsibilities will also include supporting the administration of human sample repositories and clinical sample lab, including compliant sample handling, cell isolation, and cell line generation. Your position will be at the level of (Senior) Researcher, depending on your experience, and you will directly report to the Lead Biomarkers/Assay Development.
We are looking for a candidate with experience/knowledge in:
- (general) Assay Development
- (dd) PCR development and execution
- FDA/EMA guidelines for bioanalytical assay development
- compliance; G(C)LP and especially clinical sample handling and biobanking
- cell isolation and iPS cell line generation
We expect the research candidate:
- to develop and document new methods and protocols
- to analyze experimental data and prepare data reports
- to be organized and quality focused, yet flexible and work with urgency
Competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Bachelor’s degree in life science with at least 2 years working experience within a similar role
- Accuracy and quality awareness.
- Organizational skills
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and/or English both in word and writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in biotech industry is a pre
- Creative thinker
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events).
In hiring new ProQRians, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before 25 April 2019 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact our Recruitment Coordinator Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.