Manager European Distribution at Astellas
Do you have a Bachelor degree and 3 years of experience in logistics and/or supply chain within the pharmaceutical or medical device industry? Then Astellas has an interesting job opportunity for you.
Manager European Distribution
Fulltime, 40 hours, Leiden, The Netherlands
Your job as Manager European Distribution
As Manager European Distribution, you will be responsible for ensuring continuous improvement in delivery and optimal customer service. You will manage distribution deviations reported in Trackwise. You will analyse and report trends and suggest improvement areas with monitoring continues improvement plans with external Third Party Logistics Service Providers (3PL). You will prepare and participate in the quarterly quality management review meeting with QA. Furthermore, you will check, analyse and approve warehousing & transport invoices, prepare financial accruals for warehousing & transport cost and analyse and report road and air transport cost. You will ensure continuous improvement leading to sustained savings with monitoring actual cost and budget. Your role also involves supporting 3PL business review meetings. You act as regional logistics (single) point of contact for handling insurance claims.
Your personal qualifications as a Manager European Distribution
- 3 years of experience;
- Bachelor degree in the area of Logistics, Supply Chain Management (SCM) or Operations Management;
- Experience of working in logistics/ supply chain;
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry is required;
- Highly numerate and analytical;
- Good organizational skills;
- Experience with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) is an advantage;
- Experience with Trackwise is an advantage;
- Fluent in English, spoken and written. Additional language like Dutch, German, French etc. is an advantage;
- Ability to work in a multi country/culture environment.
- A challenging job opportunity in an international setting;
- Inspiring and dynamic work climate within a complex matrix-organization;
- Attractive remuneration, which includes:
- a 13th month
- excellent pension policy
- health insurance compensation
- collective health insurance
- company own saving scheme arrangement
- 25 Holidays + 13 so called ADV Days
- and more….
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
It is our stated aim in the VISION for Astellas to be recognised as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring, we are a highly effective organisation, that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos; CHANGING TOMORROW.
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 16,500 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 11 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in supply chain, manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,200 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products. Astellas employs around 950 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.
Please apply via this link. A VOG and/or background check can be part of the recruitment process.