Technician at GenomeScan
Job Opportunity: Technician (40 hours per week)
GenomeScan provides innovative DNA analyses for patient diagnostics and genetic laboratory research. Our diagnostic tests may detect the genetic cause(s) behind disease and can help tailor the treatment to individual patients. That is why our slogan is "Caring for your Future".
We are an ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 15189 accredited company; these are international standards for laboratory excellence. We provide a complete portfolio of cutting-edge Next Generation Sequencing techniques to analyze hereditary traits in all organisms, including Exome Sequencing, Inherited Disease Panel Sequencing, DNA Sequencing, Transcriptomics, Methylation - Epigenetics and Bio-Informatics.
We have a professional mixed young and experienced team. Together we work hard to achieve our goals in an informal and inspiring atmosphere. But we also like to party from time to time and celebrate good results made.
Due to our growth in projects we are looking for a new colleague!
Responsible for laboratory-based tasks, execute experiments which include sample handling, recording and analyzing results whilst adhering to relevant procedures and health and safety guidelines all according to the company quality standards.
The Technician reports to the Manager Laboratory.
- To prepare and execute experiments including documentation to produce reliable and accurate data
- To prepare reagents, work with and handle samples
- To participate in and execute general laboratory tasks
- To analyse experiments and prepare data reports under the supervision of Project Manager(s) and/or the Lab Coordinator
- To ensure the lab is well stocked and resourced
- To develop, write and keep Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and related documents up-to-date in close collaboration with Project Managers and/or Lab Coordinator
- Keeping up-to-date with technical developments
- To take care of all related administrative tasks where necessary
- Any other activities in line with this description.
- MLO Education or Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Molecular Biology and preferably 2 years’ working experience
- Good knowledge of two major Molecular Biology techniques and fair knowledge of a third, such as DNA sequencing, Gene Expression or qPCR.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English both verbally and in writing
- Accuracy and quality awareness
- Team player
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
Are you the Technician we are looking for?
Please send your resume and motivation to Vivienne Heemskerk, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please call +31 (0)71 – 568 10 50.