Senior Manager, Patient and Medical Community Engagement at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Medical department is currently looking for a Senior Manager, Patient and Medical Community Engagement (Full-time) to join our team. In this position, you will champion the patient voice, internally and externally, to contribute to the development of our products.
ProQR has adopted a unique patient-centric approach, which involves integrating the patient voice into our decision-making at every step of the drug development process. The PMCE Team builds, implements and sustains our global patient advocacy strategies. By working closely with international advocacy groups, patient and medical communities, as well as with internal stakeholders, we play a crucial in identifying opportunities to improve product and health outcomes for patients affected by rare genetic diseases in our portfolio.
Location: Leiden, NL. Reporting Line: Head of Medical Affairs, or appropriate designate
What you will do:
- Champion the patient voice both within ProQR and externally in order to optimally develop new therapies. Internally, represent the patient voice to Product Teams and Management Team. Build strong relationships with Clinical, Non-Clinical Research, Regulatory, Manufacturing, and Communications functions who are key players in product development. Externally, build and maintain relationships with the patient advocacy community affected by rare genetic diseases to understand and represent the patient experience
- Develop and execute educational programs for both patient and medical communities through innovative, outcomes-oriented approach with measureable results. Recognize educational gaps and how to strategically work with these communities to fill them
- Collaborate with patient advocacy organizations, investigators, study coordinators, and institutions to develop targeted awareness of ongoing clinical trials through a variety of channels- traditional and digital media focused
- Contribute to executing advisory boards involving patient advocates as well as leaders in the medical community
- Drive innovation in ProQR’s advocacy approach by evaluating and selecting new ways to learn from patients, such as leveraging digital media, communicating patient needs to multiple stakeholders and partnering with third-parties outside of industry to contribute to sustainable healthcare solutions
- Provide support and resources in compliance with applicable guidelines in response to inquiries from the patient community
- Capture and share best practice knowledge, develop reporting metrics, and create patient advocacy reports highlighting key events
- Manage sponsorships, grants and other forms of support to patient groups following OEC, Legal and other applicable country regulations and policies when needed
What we are looking for in the Senior Manager, Patient and Medical Community Engagement:
- Minimum BA/BS in biological sciences; graduate degree in scientific or health-related field (MS, MPH, PhD, or PharmD) is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with patient advocacy groups in the health/disease sector. Familiarity with rare and/or genetic disease communities a plus, including cystic fibrosis and ophthalmology
- Strong desire to represent the patient voice in the development of therapeutics
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate (written, verbal) scientific and clinical information to a variety of audiences, including patients/families, regulators, medical community, scientists, and payers
- English fluency is required
- Specific knowledge developing targeted scientific/medical educational programs for patients/families and physicians
- Knowledge of clinical trial process, from IND to post-marketing
- Experience developing early access/compassionate use policies is required, preferably with global application of these policies
- Experience utilizing digital/social media outreach and associated metrics is highly preferred
- Knowledge of FDA and EMA regulations for industry communications with patient and medical communities; Knowledge of HIPPA policies and industry compliance guidelines
- Ability to work cross functionally internally and build relationships externally, act as a team player while still functioning independently
- Travel required: domestic and international (10-15%)
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.