Project Manager at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Project Management department is currently looking for a highly motivated Project Manager (full time) to strengthen our team.
The Project Management department is responsible for the creation of aligned, integrated operational plans designed in line with the corporate strategy, to deliver the products strategic objectives and to facilitate the management of cross-functional activities of a project team within scope, time and budget.
For the role of Project Manager we are looking for an enthusiastic person to help us build the Project Management Office. The Project Manager assists the program lead in the organization and coordination of the project and program activities.
We expect our Project Manager to:
- Be responsible for developing tools and tracking activities and deliverables and report any variance to costs, timelines and risks
- Facilitate communication, coordination and planning activities across functional groups within the company
- Be responsible for management of project budgets and coordination of the budget processes together with finance
- Act as a cross-functional liaison to ensure project planning alignment with corporate strategies
- Facilitate in resolving strategic, policy and operational issues
- Successfully work with other functions/divisions to create excellence in PM and drug development
Location: Leiden, NL
We expect our Project Manager to:
- Have at least HBO/bachelor’s degree in the area of life sciences or Applied Science (BACs) (unfortunately without this experience we cannot consider you for this position)
- Have at least 3 years’ experience as a project manager with demonstrated knowledge of project management tools (unfortunately without this experience we cannot consider you for this position)
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage scope, time and costs of assigned projects
- Be an expert in planning and tracking, to see the big picture, be capable of managing multiple projects
- Understand financial aspects, including knowledge of resource planning (headcount and budget)
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization and to influence, negotiate and drive organizational engagement
- Have the ability to clearly and unambiguously formulate complex issues in a structured way
- Have a good understanding of drug development processes and regulations (GxP’s)
- Have demonstrated ability to create excellence in project management throughout the organization
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Outstanding project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Flexible and resilient to change
- Team player
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- A nice person :-)
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock option
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.