Director Sales & Marketing at Eurofins PROXY Laboratories
Eurofins is the global market leader in bio-analytical testing for food, water, environment and pharmaceutical products. In addition, Eurofins is one of the largest providers in the world in a growing number of other markets, such as the agricultural sector or in the field of genomics. Eurofins uses a unique number of analytical methods and a high level of knowledge and expertise.
Eurofins consists of around 45,000 employees worldwide and is active in more than 40 countries with a turnover of approximately € 4 B in 2018. Eurofins has a strong growth path (CAGR ~ 25%). In addition to significant organic growth, in 2018 Eurofins completed more than 50 acquisitions in various countries.
The people at Eurofins make an important contribution to the environment, food safety and overall health. Employees are proud of the work they do and experience a great deal of freedom in the performance of their duties. Responsibilities are as low as possible in the organization, so that people with the right information can make the right decisions. Eurofins invests structurally in the development of talent, both in the areas of leadership, growth potential and knowledge.
Eurofins Biopharma Product Testing is the largest Dutch contract laboratory for the pharmaceutical industry. We specialize in analytical tests for (bio) pharmaceutical raw materials, intermediates and (bio) pharmaceutical products We perform a very diverse range of analyses for a large number of national and international clients within the (bio) pharmaceutical industry.
Director Sales & Marketing
The Sales & Marketing Director will drive sales and revenue growth for Eurofins’ BioPharma Product Testing division in the Netherlands.
Growth will be achieved through strong sales leadership, effective people and performance management and a clear business development strategy. One of the keys to success will be the ability to develop and successfully sell complex B2B business solutions, as well as the ability to commercially manage off the shelf service solutions.
Team of 5 sales managers, 2 sales support executives and 1 marketing executive.
As a Director Sales & Marketing you:
- lead and manage the Sales and Marketing team;
- further train and develop the team;
- structure the organization, including clear tasks and responsibilities within the Sales and Marketing department;
- structure and manage the processes of the Sales and Marketing department to ensure effective, efficient and clear operations;
- contribute to development of the Netherlands’ strategy in line with the European and global strategy of Eurofins, and determine resulting sales strategy;
- prepare the sales budget and the Sales & Marketing department’s cost budget;
- prepare and propose Sales and Marketing, targets and goals;
- ensure that Sales, Marketing and (key) account plans are prepared in line with the set targets and goals;
- ensure that the Sales and Marketing targets and goals are achieved;
- are responsible for periodic analysis and reporting of Sales and Marketing figures and KPI’s, with appropriate actions and follow up;
- ensure efficient and effective use of systems, among others, CRM and ComLims;
- are responsible for sales and account projections;
- are a member of the Netherlands’ Management Team;
- maintain contact and alignment with the international Eurofins commercial organization and the Head of European Sales and Key Account Management;
- ensure optimization of service portfolio by complementing the local service portfolio with (intercompany) services of Eurofins BioPharma Product testing sites in other countries;
- stay in close contact with the Business Unit Managers to ensure alignment between Operations and Sales & Marketing;
- are responsible for acquisition and negotiation of major new deals;
- stay up to date regarding market and regulatory developments and trends to be able to respond adequately to (innovative) commercial opportunities;
- Maintain and develop a network with relevant stakeholders in the market.
- Bachelor or Master of Science, preferably in the field of life sciences;
- At least 5 years of commercial experience in a pharmaceutical or analytical commercial company;
- Preferably 3 years of experience in leading a commercial team;
- Proven successful commercial track record in a fast growing company;
- Solid track record in formulating strategy and implementing tactically within teams;
- Hands-on, hard worker, and focused on achieving results;
- Able to see the big picture of the business;
- Team player, and takes initiative in building relations with direct colleagues;
- Excellent social and communication skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Willingness to travel regularly between the NL sites and to travel (inter)nationally.
Eurofins NDSC and Eurofins: A world of possibilities
This position is based at Eurofins PROXY Laboratories on the Bio Science Park in Leiden. We highly value our strong team spirit and encourage collaboration between colleagues.
We offer a wide range of personal and professional possibilities:
A responsible and challenging position within the team;
Plenty of room for your own ideas and input;
Specialist training and a range of opportunities for personal and professional development;
Flexible working hours;
Good salary and benefits.
Working at the Eurofins NDSC offers you the flexibility and personal touch of working in a medium sized and dynamic company, whilst also allowing you to benefit from having Eurofins as a parent company. Our ambitious growth plans provide ample opportunities for the motivated employees:
Plenty of opportunities for growth;
Varied work where you are in regular contact with other companies and scientists within the Eurofins group;
A broad customer portfolio ensuring a lot of diversity in your work.
Would you like to know more?
For questions regarding the position, please contact our the Human Resources Department at
071 524 40 80.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.