Research Technician - Early Discovery - Leiden, NL at Charles River Nederland BV
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Due to our continuing growth we have exciting opportunities for talented, highly motivated Research Technicians at our state of the art drug discovery site in Leiden, the Netherlands.
The Research Technician is a laboratory-based role to support the development of cell-based assays and readouts to identify novel candidate drugs and/or therapeutic targets. In particular, you will be part of a team that is developing and applying models for screening in complex cell-based assays. You will use a variety of technologies (e.g. (stem) cell culture, molecular biology, high content imaging, qPCR, MSD, automated liquid handling/robotics). All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, international research environment that provides an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual.
- Provide specialized technical laboratory support in activities such as assay development and compound profiling.
- Generate and interrogate biological data generated for the project together with other scientific members of the project team.
- Establish an understanding of the relevance of the data being generated on the project.
- Present own work confidently, internally, with clear rationale and produce slides on own work.
- Complete lab book to departmental and patent-acceptable quality standards.
- Involved in introduction and protocol development for new technologies relevant for the business.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Technician position.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. with 2-15 years working experience in a relevant environment
- Experience in a CRO or Pharma environment preferred
- Lab experience in cell based assay development, incl. molecular biology and compound profiling is required
- Experience in working with robotics and HTS is preferred
- Experience with complex in vitro biology, such as stem cells and 3D/organoid culturing is preferred
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 350 patents and 80 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.