Scientific Programmer (Senior Java Developer) at OcellO
OcellO is looking for a programmer to join the software team — a colleague who will thrive in a dynamic environment and will make an important contribution to OcellO’s continued growth and success. If you are highly motivated, get on well with people, are scientifically talented and organizationally competent and are looking for a stimulating job, then this is your chance!
OcellO B.V. is a fast-growing innovative CRO offering unique drug discovery services, with a best-in-class technology platform that meets a growing need to reduce drug development costs. Founded in 2011, OcellO employs 20 people, shows strong year-on-year growth and now provides services for many of the leading global pharmaceutical companies. The company has an active R&D program to maintain its leading position as a provider of drug discovery services using in vitro cultured tissues.
Who are we looking for
We seek a motivated and talented computer scientist to join our team at our site on the Leiden BioScience Park, in The Netherlands.
As the scientific programmer of OcellO’s software team, you will be participating in the design and implementation of the Ominer™ high-content screening analysis platform, reporting directly to OcellO’s Chief Informatics Officer.
The job responsibility will include (not limited to):
- Designing and implementing software modules based on various functional requirements
- Maintaining Ominer associated software and hardware infrastructure
- Maintaining daily ICT production infrastructure
- Support Ominer users
- Master or higher degree in computer science
- Experience in Java EE (JDK 8.0), Eclipse IDE, Github, AGILE model and OOP design pattern
- Good communication skills - both in written and spoken English
- Enthusiastic and result-driven team player keen to work in a company setting
- Experience in high-content image analysis or machine learning is a (+)
- Experience in ImageJ/Fiji or KNIME SDK is a (+)
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to send your motivation and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about this position, contact OcellO’s CIO, Dr. Kuan Yan: email@example.com
We kindly request that recruitment agencies do not respond to this posting.