(Senior) Technician Analytical Laboratory at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) Department is currently looking for a (Sr.) Technician (full time) to join our team. The CMC department has a central role within the ProQR Therapeutics organization. The CMC Department develops, manufactures and characterizes oligonucleotides and therapeutic formulations for research, clinical development and commercialization.
The Technician will support the in-house CMC lab activities of the Analytical development and Quality Control (AD/QC) team, which is part of the CMC department.
The AD/QC team is responsible for the quality control of drug substances and drug products and for the development of analytical methods that are used in-house and at external partners.
We are looking for an experienced Analytical Laboratory Technician to execute experiments in the lab. The Analytical Laboratory Technician will set up and validate in house experiments to investigate innovative compounds and perform in-process, final product and stability testing of our drug substances and drug products.
You will be responsible for standard analytical assay testing and impurity profiling using UPLC chromatography in combination with UV detection and mass spectrometry. You will also execute a variety of tests according to pharmacopoeia such as pH, osmolality, water content, appearance, UV, and endotoxin testing. You will be responsible for general lab support in terms of maintaining lab inventory, maintenance of equipment, ordering and sample shipments.
We are looking for candidates with hands-on experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Chromatography, UPLC, HPLC and ion exchange chromatography
- Analytical assays and pharmacopoeia analysis
- Experience with QC and GMP procedures is a pre
- Experience with oligonucleotides and/ or peptides is a pre
Location: Leiden, NL
We expect our Technician to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in the area of analytical chemistry (HLO) or other relevant degree
- At least 3 years working experience in a (bio) pharmaceutical environment
- Experience with GMP guidelines
- Experience with pharmacopoeia
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Analytical and accurate
- Hands-on mentality
- Pro-active mind-set
- Team player
- Patient-oriented attitude
- Should enjoy challenging situations and have the flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment where there is freedom to act
- A nice person :-)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.