Technical Sales Manager at GenScript
The role of a Technical Sales Manager is to be responsible for sales of specialized services and products in Europe. Efforts will be in conjunction with field sales manager and marketing to grow and expand business in the designated geographic area. The Technical Sales Manager is expected to use his/her scientific knowledge and experience to develop and grow sales in a designated service area as they relate to our customer’s research. Responsibilities include identifying, presenting, selling and helping design project details in the area of expertise. The Technical Sales Manager will be expected to utilize their business and scientific contacts to expand and deliver profitable initiatives to the company working with the Field Sales Manager.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- To achieve monthly/quarterly/yearly sales and/or profit goals for designated service and product groups.
- Participate in the development and implementation of scientific presentations to be used to introduce GenScript services to new customers, organizations and markets.
- Gather and share market knowledge and customer feedback with Senior Management, Sales Management and Marketing teams.
- Report timely to VP of Sales providing:
- Written reports as requested
- Documentation of activities as requested
- An Opportunity list as requested
- Assist in introducing GenScript services to new markets – Industrial/Academic/Government through presentations, webinars, and poster sessions.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions as requested.
- Support Field Sales Manager’s efforts by providing specialized technical expertise and support.
- Build a business reference network for new business expansion.
- Master’s or PhD degree in life science discipline required
- Hands on laboratory experience required (Polyclonal and Monoclonal Ab experience preferred)
- Sales experience required
- Must be able to present technical data in a clear concise manner to senior level scientists at a variety of organizations.
- Must have excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to operate effectively and succeed in an international business environment
- Experience and understanding of Catalog Antibody and Custom Reagent Antibody markets are required
- Knowledge of the Biological and CRO market is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight.