Research technician HPLC at Mymetics
Mymetics Corporation is an early stage biotechnology company listed in the USA with two subsidiaries, one in Switzerland and one in the Netherlands. Mymetics is developing next-generation vaccines for the prevention of infectious diseases and the treatment of cancer based on our proprietary virosome vaccine technology platform. Virosomes are nanoparticles with demonstrated prophylactic potential in human diseases of viral and parasitic origin. Mymetics currently has several clinical stage vaccines in its pipeline, for example for HIV, and is in early-stage development of vaccines for cancer.
Our subsidiary Mymetics BV in Leiden, the Netherlands, has an immediate open position for a Research Technician to support the development and formulation of one of the novel vaccines based on virosomes, as part of a small dedicated team.
As part of a small research team the technician will participate in and be responsible for developing, producing and improving small lots of vaccines for preclinical research, as well as developing, executing, documenting and improving assays for vaccine quality analysis.
We expect our technician to have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry of other relevant field
- Hands-on experience with UPLC, HPLC, peptides
- Experience with other chromatographic techniques (Akta) is a pre
- Some knowledge of spectroscopy, ELISA, blots and gels
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a commercial research and development laboratory is preferred
- Experience with developing standard operating procedures
- Good command of spoken and written English
Competencies required to make the difference:
- Hands-on mentality
- Analytical mind-set
- Should enjoy challenges and be able to work in a dynamic environment, with freedom to take initiatives
Send your application to: email@example.com
Only interested candidates should apply, we will not respond to placement or recruitment agencies