(Senior) Scientist Toxicology at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
ProQR is currently looking for a (Senior) Scientist (full-time) to join our Toxicology and DMPK team, which is accountable for all nonclinical safety studies and bioanalytical activities. You will be reporting to the VP Toxicology and DMPK.
Location: Leiden, NL or Cambridge, Massachusetts, US.
The (senior) scientist is responsible for timely and effective support of ProQR’s drug candidate programs. He/she is responsible and accountable for the outsourcing of nonclinical safety studies and demonstrates competent interpretation of toxicology and DMPK data, providing relevant expertise and guidance to ProQR’s research and development programs. The candidate contributes to regulatory and clinical submissions and has demonstrable affinity with (early) drug development.
We expect our toxicologist to have:
- an advanced degree (PhD/MSc/Engineer; or appropriate Master’s level) preferably in life sciences
- toxicologist certification (ERT, DABT)
- at least 5 years of working experience preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
- demonstrated vendor management skills
- excellent knowledge of regulatory (GLP) guidelines
- experience with working with oligonucleotides and/or knowledge of ophthalmology is preferred
Personal skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Accuracy and quality awareness
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- Teamplayer, with a hands-on mentality
- Flexible attitude, being able to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (and Dutch)
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary including 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before 20 September 2019 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.