Project Manager at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Project Management department is currently looking for a highly motivated Project Manager (full time) to strengthen our team.
The Project Management department is responsible for the creation of aligned, integrated operational plans designed in line with the corporate strategy, to deliver the products strategic objectives and to facilitate the management of cross-functional activities of a project team within scope, time and budget.
Location: Leiden, NL
For the role of Project Manager we are looking for an enthusiastic person to help us build the Project Management Office. The Project Manager assists the program lead in the organization and coordination of the project and program activities and will provide project management and leadership to the Global Project Team (GPT) and other functions in Research & Development (R&D) in the delivery of multiple and complex projects.
- Leadership of GPT and translation of project strategy into an executable plan; planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution, driving the team to achieve focus and clarity on issues and effective mitigations, working with senior management, monitoring risks and developing strategies to minimize exposure
- Work closely with the GPT and other functions to ensure that the overall program strategy is integrated into the operational plan
- Serve as partner to the GPT Lead and other functional team members to determine priorities, identify resources needs, lead strategic planning activities, report program progress, oversee program budget and execute communication and change management plans
- Owns the program and project planning efforts of the GPT and maintains oversight of the operational plans, execution strategies and critical paths
- Addresses and resolves project challenges and keeps leadership informed of critical issues
- Creates and communicates plans resulting in achieve of project objectives
- Manages project status reporting and dashboards for assigned programs
- Identifies and drives innovation in process improvements with important organizational impacts
We expect our Project Manager to:
- Have an HBO/bachelor’s degree in the area of life sciences or Applied Science (BACs)
- 5 years of proven experience as a Project Manager in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with demonstrated knowledge of project management tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage scope, time and costs of assigned projects
- Be an expert in planning and tracking, to see the big picture and be capable of managing multiple projects
- Understand financial aspects, including knowledge of resource planning (resources and budget)
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization and to influence, negotiate and drive organizational engagement
- Have a good understanding of early and late phase drug development processes and regulations (GxP)
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Outstanding project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Flexible and resilient to change
- Team player
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- A nice person :-)
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock option
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.