Senior Director/Head of International Trade Compliance at Astellas
Do you have a broad experience in international trade compliance, combined with strong leadership skills? Then Astellas has an interesting job opportunity for you.
Senior Director/Head of International Trade Compliance
Your job as Senior Director/Head of International Trade Compliance
As Senior Director/Head of International Trade Compliance (ITC), you have the global responsibility for directing, managing and improving the global ITC function. You assist the global leadership team (President, Sr. VP and Executive VP) with the identification and assessment of potential trade compliance risks.
The Head of ITC leads an organization of approximately 5 employees, and is responsible for coordinating the network of ITC personnel at the global level. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Corporate Risk Management.
Your main responsibilities in the role of Senior Director International Trade Compliance:
- Accountable for the successful implementation and execution of the trade compliance program within Astellas at a global level.
- Accountable for the overall strategic planning and management of the ITC function to protect Astellas’ organizational reputation and business continuity.
- Responsible for building strong collaborative relationships with internal Astellas key stakeholders and functions, as well as with external stakeholders.
- Accountable for maintenance of Astellas Global Trade Compliance Policy and associated procedures.
- Responsible for addressing the Astellas-wide trade compliance risks, including identification and mitigation activities and playing a strategic role in the management of global trade compliance-related risks and/or incidents.
- Providing guidance and support to Astellas top management and global stakeholders on materialized global trade compliance risk and incidents.
- Ensures adequate staffing of ITC and manages the ITC function and its employees at a global level, through successful recruitment, performance management, and development.
- Effectively delegates responsibilities to achieve global ITC goals and effectively develops and aligns individuals to the best of their abilities.
Your personal qualifications as Senior Director/Head of International Trade Compliance
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Auditing, compliance, finance or legal background.
- Proven experience of working in a global matrix organization at (sr.) director level.
- Experience with export/import laws and regulations while working with internal and external legal counsel (5+ years).
- Ability to successfully develop and drive own vision of new business structure.
- Demonstrated independence, self-motivation and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
As Senior Director International Trade Compliance, you are an experienced problem-solver with the ability to deal with multiple, differing and dynamic priorities/contexts. You have strong leadership, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, you have the ability to work and influence effectively in teams, across cultures and functions and at all levels including top executive management.
- A challenging job opportunity in an international setting;
- Inspiring and dynamic work climate within a complex matrix-organization;
- A wide scope of departments, from Research & Development to the commercial activities of Astellas;
- Attractive remuneration, which includes:
- competitive fixed salary
- 13th month
- bonus scheme
- car or cash for lease
- excellent pension policy
- health insurance compensation
- collective health insurance
- company own saving scheme arrangement
- 25 holidays + 13 so called ADV days
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
It is our stated aim in the VISION for Astellas to be recognised as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring, we are a highly effective organisation that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos; CHANGING TOMORROW.
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 16,500 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 11 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in supply chain, manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,200 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products. Astellas employs around 950 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.
Please apply via the apply button. A VOG and/or background check will be part of the recruitment process.