Research Scientist at Catexel
In the course of a replacement we are currently looking for a:
About the Role
Company description: Catexel is a company that develops oxidation catalysts for a variety of industrial applications and is part of The Weylchem Group located in Germany. The main Catexel technical center is located in the Bioscience Park in Leiden (The Netherlands) and the company targets different industrial applications to achieve energy, water and waste-cost reductions, using highly active manganese and iron catalysts. Different applications are being targeted, often together with leading partners in those particular areas. Examples include domestic and industrial detergent/cleaning, textile treatment (cotton production), wood pulp bleaching, chemical synthesis, etc. More information can be found on the web-site.
The team in Leiden studies these oxidation catalysts for different applications. This is done in close collaboration with the R&D team of Weylchem, the commercial team and external partners to allow optimal exchange of information and roll-out of laboratory findings. Different analytical tools will be developed and employed to study the effects of the catalysts. Based on the results of the laboratory, recommendations are made to the external partners to develop the catalysts specifically for their area of application.
As a Research Scientist you act as an expert in a number of key areas of catalytic bleaching and you will be responsible for developing catalysts for defined areas of applications as well as setting up and maintenance of Catexel's laboratory facilities. It is expected that the suitable candidate will grow in a role as expert in the use of bleach catalysts for specific areas of applications and become the main technical point of contact for external companies in these areas. However, the role will also include work on other fields of oxidation/bleach catalysts.
Your tasks will include for example:
- Design of the experiments and carrying them out
- Analyses of the data, correlate with literature/patents/earlier work
- Reporting of results and presentations of work in English (internally and externally)
- Setting up methods to accurately determine purity levels of catalysts
- Analyses commercial catalyst samples (UV-vis)
- Maintain part of the laboratory equipment
- When applicable guidance of technicians/interns on areas of expertise
Needed Competences and Skills:
- Master of science (MSc) in chemistry
- Good computer skills (Windows software like Word and Excel).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Be able to work as a part of a team
- Pro-active and independent working style
A young very dynamic small company with small hierarchies and an agreeable working climate.
Please contact Dr. Ronald Hage for further information (0031-6-54366017) and send your application with resumé via e-mail.