Biosafety Officer at Janssen Biologics
At Janssen Biologics Leiden we have a vacancy for a Biosafety Officer to strengthen our Environment, Safety, Health & Sustainability (EHS&S) Team. We are looking for a Biosafety Officer who is communicative, sees problems as opportunities and gets energized by maintaining and improving of biosafety related EHS&S processes to control biosafety risks and to be compliant with guidelines, standards and legislation.
EHS&S Department at Janssen Biologics Leiden
The EHS&S Department at Janssen Biologics leads the implementation of the ISO14001, the OHSAS18001 (to become ISO45001) and the J&J World Wide EHS&S, Management System standards. The latter including standards for biosafety. We work in a close collaboration with the J&J EHS&S organization in the Netherlands and related countries. This within, amongst others, a J&J Biosafety network.
Management of EHS&S is a core responsibility of the entire Janssen Biologics organization where we
as EHS&S department support by having a strong relationship with site- /departmental EHSS Representatives, Management System Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management. Due to production increase and because we want to be prepared for future product portfolio changes regarding GMOs biosafety is getting more and more important for Janssen Biologics. Therefore, we are looking for a fulltime Biosafety Officer.
Your tasks and responsibilities in this department/team are:
- Set up internal procedures/instructions on biosafety
- Lead and / or support the implementation of the EHS&S Biosafety Standard
- Develop and/or improve the biosafety EHS&S processes and practices
- Define, update and assure adherence to biosafety policies
- Lead and / or support biosafety risk assessments
- Lead and/or support biosafety related incident investigations
- Lead and/or facilitate audits and inspections on biosafety
- Assure adequate biosafety training programs for employees
- Assure compliance to biosafety regulations/legislation
- Prepare yearly biosafety plans and reports
- Inform management on biosafety issues
- Coach the organization on biosafety
- Liaise with authorities and internal experts on biosafety matters
- You are driven to search for practical biosafety solutions which are compliant with local and national codes and J&J Standards. This with close interaction with others within the company. You are only satisfied when improvements are sustainable. You have a “can do” mentality and see improving the biosafety performance as a collective responsibility. You focus only on short term fixes when really needed because you prefer to focus on long term solutions while you coach others to do the same.
Education, experience and knowledge necessary for this function:
- Bachelor or comparable level on Biosafety (or related study)
- At least 7 years’ experience in the field or Biosafety (lab, R&D, biological environment)
- Acknowledged as “biologischeveiligheidsfunctionaris”
- Dutch and English in speaking and writing
- Experience with international Management System Standards like ISO14001, OHSAS18001
Who are we?
The Johnson & Johnson family of companies is globally active in Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Health Care. We employ over 128,000 professionals in 60 countries and they all have the same credo ‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of billions of people.
Janssen Biologics makes, acquires and markets unique biopharmaceutical medicines. We thereby build on our leading position in the development of monoclonal antibodies. Antibodies are substances that the body produces in response to bacteria, viruses or other foreign substances. The innovative products from Janssen Biologics focus on three major disease categories: cardiovascular and immunological disorders and cancer.
Janssen Biologics has built a dedicated and multi-functional, world-class team that develops a promising pipeline of products in numerous disciplines. Approximately1000 employees work in Leiden.
What’s in it for you?
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset and we take your career seriously. You’ll be part of a global team in an innovative and international environment with room for personal and professional development. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth by focusing on your talent. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.