EHSS Technical Specialist at Janssen Biologics
EHS&S Technical specialist
At Janssen Biologics Leiden we are looking for a new colleague to strengthen our Environment, Safety, Health & Sustainability (EHS&S) Team in the focus area of technical safety. We are looking for an EHS&S specialist who likes to interact with people, sees problems as opportunities and gets energized by improving EHS&S processes ensuring compliance in a way that the EHS&S risks within the organization are eliminated/maintain controlled. If you feel you get energy from EHS&S and are ready for a new challenge, here’s your chance!
EHS&S Department at Janssen Biologics Leiden
The EHS&S Department at Janssen Biologics leads the implementation of the J&J World Wide EHS&S Standards, the ISO14001 and the OHSAS18001 (to become ISO45001) Management System standards. We work in a close collaboration with the J&J EHS&S organisation in the Netherlands and J&J organisations in related countries.
Management of EHS&S is a core responsibility of the entire Janssen Biologics organization where we
as EHS&S department support by having a strong relationship with site- /departmental EHS&S Representatives, Management System Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this department/team are:
- Lead, support and improve the JBV EHS&S risk management process and ensure implementation
- Ensure regulatory compliance of the EHS&S risk management process
- Conduct, support and improve EHS&S risk assessments
- Technical EHS&S support for projects and for other changes within the organisation
- EHS&S Management of Change specialist
- EHS&S expert on safe work practises e.g. Permit to Work, Confined space entry, LOTO etc.
- Lead, support and improve the Emergency Preparedness & Response process and ensure implementation
- Develop EHS&S training and execute EHS&S training on topics within the area of expertise
- Develop and improve EHS&S processes and practices
- First contact person for our Maintenance, Facilities and Engineering departments regarding EHS&S related questions and give EHS&S support on incident investigations
- Lead incident investigations
- Execute internal EHS&S audits
- Plan and execute EHS&S inspections
Depending on the departmental needs and the expertise’s present within the EHS&S team EHSS responsibilities can change within time.
- You are driven to search for practical EHS&S solutions which are compliant with legislation and J&J Standards. This with close interaction with other experts within the company. You are only satisfied when improvements are sustainable. You have a “can do” mentality and see improving the EHS&S performance as a collective responsibility. You focus only on short term fixes when really needed because you prefer to focus on long term solutions while you coach others to do the same.
Education, experience and knowledge necessary for this function
- Bachelor or comparable level (e.g. chemical, technical safety)
- Experience with technical safety aspects within a production, lab, chemical and/or biological environment
- Experience with the international Management System Standards ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
- Additional course Safety Manager level 3 (“HVK”) or comparable can lead to preference
- Dutch and English in speaking and writing
Who are we?
The Johnson & Johnson (J&J) family of companies is globally active in Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Health Care. We employ over 128,000 professionals in 60 countries and they all have the same credo ‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of billions of people.
Janssen Biologics (part of J&J pharmaceuticals) makes, acquires and markets unique biopharmaceutical medicines. We thereby build on our leading position in the development of monoclonal antibodies. Antibodies are substances that the body produces in response to bacteria, viruses or other foreign substances. The innovative products from Janssen Biologics focus on three major disease categories: cardiovascular and immunological disorders and cancer.
Janssen Biologics has built a dedicated and multi-functional, world-class team that develops a promising pipeline of products in numerous disciplines. Approximately1000 employees work in Leiden.
What’s in it for you?
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset and we take your career seriously. You’ll be part of the local EHS&S team in an innovative and international environment with room for personal and professional development. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth by focusing on your talent. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
If you are interested in the position and match the above criteria, please apply online.