Biochemical Scientist at Idris Oncology
Idris Oncology is a young company developing a medical device that will ensure cancer patients always receive the right chemotherapy, even as the cancer mutates. To do this, we're developing a disposable wire that is inserted into the patient's bloodstream, where we collect hundreds of circulating tumor cells over time. The captured cancer cells can then be used for regular or novel diagnostics to ensure the treatment is correct. Because our disposable wire is compatible with existing catheters that are already used to administer chemotherapy, our device can be used as often as is necessary. This will enable doctors to frequently (re)diagnose a cancer patient, ensuring the right treatment every time, all the time.
You will join our R&D team developing our medical product, including the experimental design, development and execution of various biological and chemical assays. You will help us optimize the product design and function, and ensure it optimally fits into current clinical practice. As the R&D progresses, you will also play an increasingly greater role in the regulatory aspects, business development, quality control, subsidies, intellectual property and/or project management depending on your personal aptitude.
In other words, your work will initially be mostly technical, but your responsibilities will shift to non-technical aspects over time. There's a lot of room for growth for this position, and it will require a ton of ambition on your part
We are looking for someone:
- with an MSc degree or higher in Life Science:
- e.g. molecular biology
- e.g. LST
- e.g. biochemistry
- or similar
- with experience in cell biology and biochemistry:
- cell culture and cell based assays
- click/coupling chemistry
- with familiarity and ambition in quality control and regulatory affairs:
- ISO 9001/13485
- who is systematic, detail oriented and independent
- (pre) with a background in
- cancer biology,
- polymer chemistry
- and/or clinical oncology
if you lack any familiarity with and ambition in regulatory affairs, you need not apply!
We are offering:
- a shotgun seat in an ambitious young company in the most exciting phase. In fact you could be handed the wheel every now and then, if you can handle it
- a team dedicated to learn and excel, challenging themselves and each other to push the boundaries.
If you're the right person for the job, and want to know more, contact us immediately!