Navision Specialist at HAL Allergy
The Dynamics NAV Specialist maintains and improves the Dynamics NAV platform by resolving problems and implementing new or changed functionality. Ensures Dynamics NAV users maintain and improve their Dynamics NAV working knowledge by providing adequate training. The Dynamics NAV Specialist advises on business process changes regarding Dynamics NAV activities and keeps the Dynamics NAV system in a validated state. Additional responsibility is coordinating with (key) users from multiple departments in multiple countries.
- Maintaining and optimizing the Dynamics NAV system, interfaces to connected systems and validation documentation.
- Resolve all user requests and (complex) problems regarding Dynamics NAV in the most efficient and effective way in order to facilitate end users in their daily work.
- Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Uses best practises and knowledge of business issues/processes to improve the system and make sure improvements are successfully implemented.
- Shared oversight of external consultancy work and participate in project management.
- Authorized to advise and train end users on the system.
- Implement new or changed procedures for the Dynamics NAV system.
- Contact for companies that are engaged in special activities/services related to Dynamics NAV for HAL Allergy.
- Contribute to keeping the Dynamics NAV system in a validated state and up to standard.
- Handle (Dynamics NAV) change requests.
- Participate in (international) improvement projects.
- Write effective system and process documentation, including business and system requirements, process diagrams, and data flow charts.
- Act as the first point of contact for all users when it comes to questions / user problems regarding Dynamics NAV.
- Problem solving: answer/manage all reported issues and advise the internal client on handling future cases either by phone or on the work floor.
- Actively work with the helpdesk tool, follow up on requests and report the solution on the ticket.
- Register problems and identify those areas which continue to affect service to the end-user and escalate that issue to their line manager and the area deemed responsible.
- Create and maintain users and user rights in Dynamics NAV.
- Provide user training.
- Provide international (Dynamics NAV) support.
- Provide reporting information to management.
- Educated to a degree level (minimum HBO) with an IT specialization.
- At least 5+ years of relevant working experience (internships not included).
- Proven excellent knowledge and proven experience with different Dynamics NAV versions, specifically:
- Dynamics NAV 5.0
- Dynamics NAV 2009
- Dynamics NAV 2017
- Ability to read and understand C/AL & C/SIDE.
- Proven experience with Support, Troubleshooting, Debugging, Training.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Warehousing & Supply chain.
- Experience with MS SQL Server.
Personal & Professional Skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Willing to occasionally work out of hours to support system updates and migrations.
- Occasionally help out in other IT areas or departments.
- Excellent problem solving skills, can think out of the box to find solutions.
- Proven advanced skills in project management.
- Full working proficiency in English is an absolute must.
- Process knowledge.
- Ability to advise users remotely, also in an international context.
- No 9 to 5 mentality.
- Can do mentality.
- Stress resistant.