Senior Technician at HALIX at HAL Allergy
Together with the Droege Group and the HAL Allergy Group, HALIX has two strong corporate partners ensuring financial stability and a long term focus.
HALIX combines ‘single point of contact’ project management with proven and sound processes and procedures. From development to pre-clinical through commercialization, we provide high quality and flexible CDMO services to biopharmaceutical partners, enabling you to progress through clinical phases in order to enter and supply your markets with the most efficient use of resources.
The Senior Technician is responsible for the development, improvement, pre-validation and implementation of analytical methods. The Senior Technician is practically active in the laboratory, writes scientific reports, and interacts with other departments such as QA, QC and Regulatory Affairs. The Senior Technician is also part of multi discipliner project teams.
- Development and improvement of analytical methods
- Recognised as a knowledgeable expert for the specified analytical methods within the company, acts as a consultant for technical questions relating to the specified assays
- Accompany and/or perform analytical-, biochemical- and immunological assays such as UPLC, HPLC, potency assays, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, protein determination and immunoblot
- Participate in multidisciplinary project teams and contribute to the project goal by delivering and executing process development/improvement strategies for new and existing products
- Act as counterpart and/or SME for analytical subjects in multidisciplinary project teams
- Ensure high-quality of the work and make sure that new and improved analytical methods comply with relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g., GMP, GLP)
- Provide regular progress reports (verbal and written) and ensure documentation of study plans, results and reports
- Plans and co-ordinates own work in line with corporate business and project targets and to ensure that deadlines are met
- Involved in operational decision-making; use knowledge and experience to make independent recommendations and informed decisions on a daily basis relating to issues within own area of responsibility.
- BSc degree in biochemistry molecular biology or equivalent
- a minimum of five years relevant experience in pharmaceutical assay development
- Experience with analytical- biochemical- and immunological assays such as UPLC, HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, protein determination and immunoblot
- Experience with tech transfer from development to QC
- Familiar with quality systems such as GMP and GLP
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbal and written
Personal & Professional Skills
- Scientific (knowledge, accuracy)
- Collaborating (ability to motivate people, inter-personal)
- Proactive (self-starter) and resultdriven
- Organising and planning
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- We offer you a highly dynamic job in an interesting environment
- You will be working from our headquarters in Leiden, where the products are produced on site.
- HALIX offers great benefits including a competitive salary and contribution to pension and health insurance.