Process Automation Engineer at ProPharma Group
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
As a Process Automation Engineer, you develop the automation systems for laboratory, pilot and industrial downstream processing equipment for food, fine chemicals and pharma products. By working together with e.g. process engineers, you are able to develop novel, innovative and robust automation approach enabling accurate process control and optimization. You can translate process requirements into automation requirements and then configure the requirements in to a fully functioning automation control system based on for example LabVIEW or by using PLCs.
Essential Functions Include:
- Generating user and functional specifications for equipment and it’s automation;
- Writing/coding automation in LabVIEW;
- Supervise outsourcing of (PLC) programming and implementation, both at vendor premises as well as at the manufacturing site;
- Hands-on trouble shooting of a complete system during testing and commissioning phase;
- Support the procurement from a technical perspective;
- Manage, support, or execute commissioning and qualification of the systems.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor/Master’s/PHD degree in process and/or automation engineering or technology;
- Relevant work experience, experience in pharma / biotech process industry is an advantage (equipment or process engineering, R&D);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Client-oriented, dedicated, flexible;
- Project management skills with helicopter view;
- Ability to quickly switch between different assignments;
- Good analytical, listening, and negotiation skills;
- Proactive, decisive, independent and result driven attitude;
- Ambitious and enthusiastic relation builder with a quality driven mind-set;
- Creative and with the ability to find innovative new applications for or integrate new innovations into current in-house technology;
- Excellent proficiency in the English language;
- Proficient in using MS Office tools;
- Being a certified LabVIEW developer is an advantage;
- Experience with equipment engineering is an advantage;
- Valid driving license (Dutch driving license B (cars) or equal).
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the Netherlands.
***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***