MECHANICAL ENGINEER PHARMA/BIOTECH PROCESS EQUIPMENT at ProPharma Group
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Next to this, we develop and sell the XPure continuous separation technology based on chromatography and ion-exchange which is used in fine chemicals, food, bio-based industry, innovation centers on both lab and industrial scale.
Operating around the world with offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you have the supervision of the design, specification and selection of process equipment, like our own XPure technology and various types of equipment used in the (bio-) pharmaceutical industry. This mainly involves Up-Stream systems like bioreactors and Down-Stream systems like chromatography and filtration systems, but also formulations systems, fill-finish equipment and clean utilities. Besides being involved in design, procurement and construction of the systems you will also be involved in start-up, commissioning and qualification of the systems and the validation of the processes to enable the safe and regulatory (e.g. GMP) compliant production of e.g. food, pharma and fine chemicals products.
You work together with other ProPharma Group colleagues like GMP compliance consultants, Validation Specialists, Process Engineers and Facility Engineers on projects both at the office as well as at client locations.
Essential Functions Include:
• Generate (process)mechanical conceptual and basic designs for process equipment;
• Manage, support, or execute commissioning and qualification of the systems;
• Supervise the construction of the equipment, at both vendor premises as well as the manufacturing site.
Qualified candidates must have:
• Bachelor/Master’s/PHD degree in process or (process)mechanical engineering;
• Engineering Qualification in Process Technology or (process)Mechanical Engineering;
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills (problem solving, creativity);
• Client-oriented, dedicated, flexible, with helicopter view and able to quickly switch between different assignments;
• Good analytical-, listening-, and negotiation skills;
• Proactive, decisive;
• Project oriented work style and potential to become a project manager
• Independent, structured, and result driven attitude;
• Ambitious and enthusiastic relation builder with a quality driven mind-set;
• Excellent proficiency in the English language;
• Proficient in using MS Office tools;
• Relevant work experience, experience in pharma / biotech industry is an advantage;
• Experience with equipment engineering is a must;
• Driving license.
· A dynamic and varied position in a fast-growing and professional company;
· Good terms of employment;
· Consultancy, Project and Interim Management at multiple clients;
· A wide range of projects spanning different phases in facility and systems life cycle
· An extended development program on hard and soft skills.
Candidate must be legally eligible to work in the Netherlands.