Senior Scientist at HALIX at HAL Allergy
The Scientist is responsible for the development, optimization and implementation of manufacturing processes for client Drug Products and/or for the development and application of enabling technologies. The Scientist leads a team of technicians and will represent the team in interactions with other departments such as manufacturing, QA/QC and program management.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and scale-up of proposed formulations, including lyophilisation cycle development
- Implement new technologies in the area of formulation and lyophilisation.
- Tech-transfer of new or improved manufacturing processes to GMP.
- Recognized as a knowledgeable formulation and lyophilisation expert for therapeutic proteins, peptide, antibodies, etc, act as a consultant for technical questions relating to the specified product and enabling technologies
- Lead and coach a team of technicians, and form a centre of (technical) expertise on formulation and lyophilisation
- Participate in multidisciplinary project teams and contribute to the project goal by delivering and executing process development strategies for client products
- Ensure high-quality of the work performed by the team and make sure that manufacturing processes comply with relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g., GMP)
- Provide progress reports (verbal and written) and ensure documentation of study plans, results and reports
- Plans and prioritises own work, and co-ordinates that of direct reports, in line with corporate business targets and to ensure that client deadlines are met.
- Educated to a university degree or equivalent in bioscience such as biochemistry or (bio)pharmaceutical sciences
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical development of biologicals
- Experience with formulation and lyophilisation cycle development
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in pharmaceutical development in an industrial setting
- Experience with tech transfer from development to GMP production.
Personal & Professional Skills
- Scientific skills (knowledge, accuracy, autonomy, design of experiments)
- Collaborating skills (ability to motivate people, negotiation, inter-personal,)
- Managerial skills
- Organizing and planning
- Ability to oversee complex processes
- Hands on and proactive mentality
- We offer you a highly dynamic job in an interesting environment
- You will be working from our headquarters in Leiden, where the products are produced on site.
- HALIX offers great benefits including a competitive salary and contribution to pension and health insurance.