Director Supply Chain at Pharming Group
Overall purpose of the job
Build, lead and manage a Supply Chain organization that can support the future growth of the organization from a process, systems and resource perspective. Pharming is growing to a multiple product organization (currently one commercial product), and recently re-acquired the commercial rights in Europe from SOBI.
The position can be based in Noord-Brabant or Leiden.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead, manage and develop the global Supply Chain Strategy.
- Direct and oversee demand and supply planning (commercial and clinical supplies), inventory management across warehouses and distribution centers.
- Ensure that all demand planning requirements are integrated into plans to prevent supply delays in close collaboration with Production and Clinical/Commercial Operations.
- Oversee and ensure implementation of chosen strategies, metrics and tools, by close interaction and supervision of supply management execution.
- Manage and oversee S&OP process.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal & external customers, act as intermediary.
- Identify, elevate and escalate potential supply issues to Sr VP Operations, Clinical and Commercial Heads EU/RoW and US when appropriate and implement proactive solutions.
- Work with supply network to resolve supply conflicts. Drives mitigation of significant quality, compliance, supply, and safety risks.
- Ensure Imports (PI) and Exports (PE) consistently.
- Ensure compliance and knowledge of legislation. Partners with (Commercial/Clinical) Operations and Quality to distribute products according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and other applicable regulations.
- Represent Operations in ERP implementation.
- Recruit, retain, and develop staff to not only be technically proficient and cGMP compliant, but also exemplify Pharming’s values and be adaptive to meet continuously evolving business needs. Ensure sufficient staff coverage to maintain uninterrupted business.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in completing operations activities to meet the rapidly evolving needs of the business.
- Responsible for managing budget and driving continuous improvement projects.
- Occasional international travel, <10% in the Netherlands. Pharming has locations in Noord-Brabant and Leiden.
- 10+ years aggregate experience in different managerial functions within Supply Management, Finance, Pricing or Marketing
- >10 years Pharma/Biotech experience
- MBA education
- Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Operational Excellence, and Project Management Certifications
- Experience in Clinical Supply Chain
- Proficient in Business Planning and Market Analysis state-of-the-art know-how
- Experience Team Leader in a matrix and international environment, including budget responsibility
- Excellent general business knowledge (e.g., industry, finance, applicable laws, tax, insurances)
- Working knowledge of systems (including demonstrated capability of ERP, Reporting systems, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication, additional European languages is an advantage
- Experience of leading a diverse team
- Advanced influencing skills
- Experience in project management
- Experience in Distribution Business