Senior Researcher Assay Development at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Ophthalmology Science department is currently looking for a Senior Researcher Assay Development (Microscopy/Electrophysiology) (Full-time) to join our team.
Location: Leiden, NL.
What you are going to do:
• Develop protein/functional assays and analyze the samples
• Execute independently the experimental work as planned together with the Senior Scientist
• Process raw data make presentations and write protocols and reports for internal purposes
• Identify day-to-day issues and propose solutions based on standard or new procedures
• Explore new technologies that can be applied
• Work closely with other team members
• Organize and participate in general lab tasks and activities
• Work 80% of your time in the lab
We expect our Senior Researcher to have:
• MSc in life-science with ≥2 years of working experience (or) a HBO with ≥5 years of working experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
• Experience in histology, immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy is a must
• Experience with electrophysiology, calcium signaling is a strong advantage
• Experience with cell based assays (cell death, oxidative stress, autophagy, etc)
• Experience with image processing software (Cell Profiler/Image J/SlideBook or similar) and/or programming languages such as Python
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
• Flexible working hours, including (some) weekends
• Ability to work under pressure
• Being able to work in a fast pace environment
• Autonomous and coachable
• Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Being comfortable with routine work
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
• A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
• A competitive salary
• 8% holiday allowance
• 30 vacation days
• An annual performance bonus
• Stock options
• A premium-free pension plan
• A commuting allowance
• A subsidized staff restaurant
• Flexible working arrangements
• Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
• Employee events (bootcamp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.