(Associate Director) Senior Scientist at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Innovation department is currently looking for an (Associate Director) Senior Scientist (Full-time) to join our team.
The Senior Scientist will lead research activities of our early programmes on neurological disorders and will report to the head of the Innovation unit.
Location: Leiden, NL.
• Lead Innovation research programmes on neurological disease targets with the aim to generate proof-of-concept data, enabling advancement to pre-clinical R&D
• Manage a small team of direct reporting scientists and researchers
• Proactively design and execute excellent scientific research under ambitious timelines on topics such as lead optimization, mechanism of action biology, delivery and in-vivo pharmacology
• Lead external collaborations with academia and CROs
• Manage relationships various stakeholders in the disease community such as patient organizations and research networks
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with In Vivo, CMC, ADME/Tox, BD, and senior management teams
• Manage timelines, budgets, and contracts
• Write study reports and scientific manuscripts, present at conferences
We expect our Senior Scientist to have:
• an advanced degree (PhD or equivalent) in life sciences, preferably in neurobiology, and ideally with relevant experience related to neurological diseases
• experience with drug discovery or RNA therapy is strong plus but not a requirement
• at least 4 years of working experience preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
• experience with working with/in small biotech/start-up is an advantage
• proven affinity with autonousmly driving a complex research project
• experience in or affinity with the field of genetic diseases
• excellent knowledge of disciplines such as molecular biology, ideally RNA biology, cell biology, biochemistry, histology, pharmacology, genetic in vivo models
• an excellent scientific track record.
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
• Analytical and accurate
• Flexible and resistant to change
• Autonomous and coachable
• Being able to work in a fast pace environment
• Strong project planning and management skills
• Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
• Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
• A competitive salary
• 8% holiday allowance
• 30 vacation days
• An annual performance bonus
• Stock options
• A premium-free pension plan
• A commuting allowance
• A subsidized staff restaurant
• Flexible working arrangements
• Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
• Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before March 4th, 2020 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via email@example.com if you have any questions.